Tennis betting – Get the Best Odds at Tennis
Did you know that there was a time when anyone who bet on sports was radically considered a corrupt person? Luckily, those times are long gone, and the attitude towards sports betting has changed quite a lot in recent years. This form of betting is finally starting to be deemed as an acceptable hobby. This article is about one of the most popular genres among sports better, that is, Tennis Betting.
How is tennis betting any different?
Tennis is not counted as a mainstream sport in the USA, but it is quite popular among the bettors. The best thing about tennis is that matches are being played almost every day, and at different locations. Moreover, a lot of metrics and data are publicly available, which makes this sport quite beneficial from a bettor's perspective.
Understanding the tennis odds
If you are looking forward to starting sports betting, it is essential to have a profound understanding of the odds. It would be absurd and unreasonable to think about putting bets without knowing the main types of betting odds and other technical terms. Just like all other kinds of sports betting, odds tell about how much a bettor will win from a successful bet.
Popular ways to bet on tennis
- Moneyline: This is one of the most popular ways of presenting the odds, especially in North America. It is the simplest form of betting, where bettors bet on a player or team to win. For example, if Roger Federer is -120 on the Moneyline against Novak Djokovic, it means you will pay $120 to win $100 on a Federer victory. Similarly, if Djokovic is +110 in the same match, you will win $110 on a $100 challenge.
- The game spread: This is another way where you bet on the set spread or the game. Most of the time, tennis matches will highlight big odds, so this is a way to equalize the playing field. For example, if Rafael Nadal is a -1,100 favorite over Roger Federer in a 3-set match, the game spread will be around -4.5. It implies that Federer needs to win 5 more games than Nadal in a match, to cover the spread. If Nadal wins (6-4, 6-4), while your bet is on Federer +4.5, you will win the bet.
- Over-under betting: In this kind of wager, you only bet on the total number of games that are played in a single match. Commonly, each set in a tennis match is comprised of 13 games.
- Live Bets: Remember, tennis is one of the best sports when it comes to live-betting. Odds are continuously changing with each point, and you must be ready at all times. Due to uncertainty, it is certainly the best sport to trade, but only for the professionals.
Tennis Betting Rules:
If you want to minimize the risk and maximize your chances of winning, certain rules and betting strategies must be followed.
- You must be able to identify tennis value bets. In other words, only place a bet when it has value.
- You should narrow down your bets to the areas where you specialize. It is impossible to master every technique and understand all the metrics.
- It is always better to have accounts with several bookmakers than limiting yourself to only one.
- Try to keep a record of all the tennis bets you have placed.
- You must keep yourself aware of the different playing styles of different players. Their strengths and weaknesses must be at your fingertips.
A reliable source
Before placing your bet, finding a reliable odds comparison website is mandatory. One of the most common reasons why people do not trust online betting websites is the increasing number of scams. Nicerodds.co.uk is one of those reliable odds comparison platforms that you can safely use. It helps the bettors of different sports in finding the best offers. Whether you are a professional bettor or just a beginner, Nicerodds is one of the most reliable platforms to make odds comparison.
The beauty of sports betting is that no matter how experienced a tennis tipster or sports better you are, all sports events are vulnerable to human error. Yes, you can certainly minimize the risk of losing a bet, but there is no magic spell that can guarantee your 100% success.
Odds at Tennis
The odds at tennis is in the menu.